Commercial litigation involves disputes and litigation that is directly related to the core strategies of the company’s business. For example, you own a company that provides content writing services. If any company copies the same content or duplicates your content, then that is considered as commercial litigation.
The commercial litigation services are provided by many lawyers in the city. Few lawyers like even have an online facility where you can make a consultation with the attorney and present your problem. For example, koppellaw.com has a team of lawyers that deal with all kinds of cases. The word commercial litigation is applied to various types of disputes that arise in any business context.
Some of the examples are listed here but are not limited to:
- Security Litigation: Filed against the securities.
- Contract Breaches: Failure of a company to fulfil the deal they have can lead to the case called contract breaches.
- Intellectual Property Litigation: It is related to patents, copyrights, and trademarks. It can be filed in cases where you believe the opponent has utilized your intellectual property rights for his own purpose.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Action: This includes both mediation and arbitration. Mediation is a process where a mediator, a third-party person will resolve the issue. If you think you did not the right justice you can avail the court. Arbitration is a process where you and the opponent will make a hearing to person and he will provide a written ruling. If that is not acceptable by you or the opponent, then the case will be taken to the court.
- Consumer Class Actions: This is the case where the action is taken by the consumers against the company for various reasons like the high price of the product or illegal product or misbranded product of the low-quality product.
All these are examples of commercial litigation.
Commercial Litigation Attorney: Explained
A commercial litigation attorney is the one who handles cases like the above-mentioned ones. The goal of the attorney will be to protect the company’s interests and rights and to yield the best results.
What Does The Attorney Do?
As said above, the objective of the attorney is to represent the company’s rights in any kind of dispute related to the finance of the company. The attorney analyses and evaluates the case thoroughly, drafts pleadings of your company and also the opponent’s complaints. Then, he prepares a document that has each and every detail with regard to the case and then presents the case in the court. With all his skills and knowledge, he negotiates for your case. This is what an attorney of commercial litigation does.